What is iridology?
Eyes are the mirror to our health.
Iridology is a science first developed in Germany in 1670. Iridology is the study of the iris – the coloured part of the eye. Every organ and its health state, is reflected in the iris of the eye. Iridology examines fiber integrity, colour, textures, pigmentations and constitution that express reflective organ weaknesses and strengths. Iridology can reveal where there is inflammation in your body and the level of inflammation. It can also reveal hypoactive organs, a congested lymphatic system and obstructed colon, to name a few. The iris reveals the overall constitution of the body, inherent weaknesses, health status and progressions or regressions depending on your lifestyle.
Respected nutritionist Dr. Bernard Jensen introduced this technique to the United-States further expanding the study. La Clinique L’Aube is amongst very few select clinics with expertise in Iridology. Our therapists are trained on Dr. Jensen’s works and teachings and are qualified to analyse your iris providing you with a holistic protocol that speaks to the findings.
How does iridology work?
Dr. Jensen explained how the iris is the most complex body tissue that is in contact with the outside world. It is an extension of the brain with numerous nerve endings, blood vessels and other tissues. The iris is therefore in contact with your organs and shows their status by means of a nervous reflex. Nerve fibres in the iris respond to changes in the body. This phenomenon is being studied to this day.
Why consult with an Iridologist?
The power of iridology is in its ability to uncover organic weaknesses even before any symptoms appear, making it possible to better assess one’s health status.
Consulting with an Iridologist allows for a more proactive and preventative approach to your health. It is also very enlightening on the current state of your health, giving you knowledge on areas that need care and healing. Your Iridologist will also be able to view improvements after you’ve followed a proposed therapeutic protocol; this helps to confirm your body is responding well to treatment and whether any alteration is required.
What does a consultation consist of?
A close-up picture of both your iris’ is taken. The images are then analyzed by your therapist before informing you. He will then propose a therapeutic protocol for you to follow.
What does iridology reveal?
- The individual’s constitutional strength and their ability to withstand stress
- Health level and potential
- Inherent strengths and weaknesses, where they are in the body
- Tendencies and predispositions
- Nutritional requirements and mineral deficiencies
- Environmental toxicity sites in the body (pollutants)
- Genetic toxicity sites in the body
- Nervous system quality and strength
- Response to treatments, how the body heals
- Level of toxicity in the body
- Overall health of the body
What iridology does not do:
- Iridology does not identify illnesses or suggest diagnoses
- Iridology does not reveal surgeries under anesthesia because nerve impulses are interrupted in such cases
- Iridology does not reveal pregnancies because pregnancy is a normal condition for a woman, not a pathology
- Iridology does not reveal the presence of calculi
- Iridology does not provide psychological or psychiatric analyses
- Iridology does not reveal accidents that have damaged tissues
- Iridology does not reveal the location of parasites, germs or bacteria but may reveal a condition that can host these